Are you an up-and-comer? we’re looking for you
We’re moving to Brighton in May 2018! Now is a great time to join our team and shape our new office.
We understand that a creative career is different from other careers. In other industries you enjoy your work, and often leave it at the office. A creative person however, is always imagining, soaking up creativity, new ideas and inspiration; it truly is a career for life and, at Pixeldot, we create a supportive lifestyle to match.
We often see agencies balloon in size and then their bubble bursts – is that good for anyone? – we don’t think so. So, before we recruit for any role we make sure we have the work now and long term to support our team to grow together and as individuals. If you feel you are truly an up-and-comer and you want to be a part of one of the most dynamic branding agencies in the UK – we can’t wait to hear from you.
We are looking for a talented web developer, with an eye for design excellence and a desire to work as part of a collaborative branding team alongside designers, strategists, facilitators and researchers. You would be an integrated part of the branding team, ensuring that the brands we create translate accurately onto the web through early stage involvement in the brand creation through to being responsible for the web implementation. You will be working directly with Jan, our Digital Director, to develop a range of projects for our clients; from brochure sites to interactive data visualisations and engaging campaign experiences. We’re looking for someone who can bring their own creative flair to our web approach, who is keen to produce modern, design and experience focused sites.
You will work closely with every member of Pixeldot so you need to work as part of a busy environment. Pixeldot has grown through our reputation for customer service, which has been led by our Founders Luke and Jan, so we’re looking for a person who can be confident in a client-facing position. The role will require some travel to our clients sites, primarily in London though also across the UK and abroad.
- Must be a personable and engaging individual – we’re looking for someone with a positive attitude to work who enjoys interacting with the rest of the team and with clients
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of site analytics
- A keen eye for design and enthusiasm to get involved in the brand creation and implementation process
- A real grasp of user experience and website architecture
- Good experience using and developing for WordPress
- Good clean coding and work practices
- Experience with LAMP server set-ups for getting sites up and running
- A keen interest and understanding of web security
- An understanding of using Git and version control
- Good project, people and client management skills
- An obsession with quality, detail and testing
Pixeldot is a small team with a real ambition to create outstanding branding projects for our clients that go above and beyond their expectation. It is like a little family at Pixeldot with the dogs running around, kids popping into the studio and generally just a real mix of life following through the agency. We are looking for someone who wants to be involved in the team, gel with the culture of the agency whilst bringing their own personality, excitement and passions to the team. You need to be self motivated, enjoy the freedom of being creative whilst being able to work collaboratively, and most importantly you need to have the drive to learn.
We’re a small team, a family – who work hard collectively and we reward our team for that hard work. As such, our benefits include:
- Unlimited holiday
- Team breakfasts & lunches on the regular
- Monthly nights out in Brighton or London (note: we’re into fancy food, karaoke, culture & more)
- Beer/Wine fridge in the office
- Beautifully designed offices
- Flexible working hours and a firm belief in work life balance
- Massage once a month
- Team away days regularly
- Team weekend away in 2018
- And more…
Please apply with the following:
Information about you – and what makes you stand out from the crowd and how you can help Pixeldot be up-and-coming. Please include your CV and anything else that you feel will make the difference to us.
Dependent on experience so give us an insight into your value
The role is to be based in our Brighton office which we are moving into in May.
Please no recruiters – seriously!