Are you an up-and-comer? we’re looking for you
Having recently moved into our new Brighton offices, now is a great time to join our team and shape our new office.
We understand that a creative career is different from other careers. In other industries you enjoy your work, and often leave it at the office. A creative person however, is always imagining, soaking up creativity, new ideas and inspiration; it truly is a career for life and, at Pixeldot, we create a supportive lifestyle to match.
We often see agencies balloon in size and then their bubble bursts – is that good for anyone? – we don’t think so. So, before we recruit for any role we make sure we have the work now and long term to support our team to grow together and as individuals. If you feel you are truly an up-and-comer and you want to be a part of one of the most dynamic branding agencies in the UK – we can’t wait to hear from you.
As part of our close-knit team, you’ll collaborate with us to create inspiring design solutions that support brand strategy. It’s an opportunity to put your skills to the test by solving business problems with creativity.
Day to day, you role is to bring fresh ideas to brand projects and work with the Founders to provide creative leadership for our growing design team. Working collaboratively with your colleagues in design, strategy and client services, you’ll have the chance to create experiences that affect real and meaningful change for people across some of the most well-known brands in the world, as well as dynamic up-and-coming organisations.
We’re looking for someone who can show us some beautiful and thought-provoking brand projects, supported by a strong, beautifully-crafted, ideas-led portfolio. Someone that gets the power of creative to shape how businesses and people interact, and thrives on bringing those ideas to life through design, presentation and delivery. This new person should also have the empathy to effectively manage a team; someone who can spot those qualities in their colleagues and enable us all to keep progressing together.
You’ll be engaging across every touch-point of a brand; from initial idea through to execution in print, motion, online, mobile and physical spaces. A can-do attitude, a willingness to get stuck in, and work hard (obviously) is essential.
Things you should have:
- 5+ years of design experience in a consulting, branding or integrated agency is ideal – but we are really looking for someone to blow our mind creatively; to push the boundaries, and lead future trends rather than follow them. If you’ve got the drive, character and portfolio, we’ll provide you with the space, time and opportunities to grow.
- You need to be responsible, willing and able to inspire a team of up-and-coming designers.
- You need to be adept at producing creative work but mindful and aware of budgets and deadlines.
- You need to be confident in your ideas, but willing to take advice and guidance positively.
- Most importantly, you need to be a team player; a person who thrives in engaging with others and is focussed on the success of the team rather than the individual.
Pixeldot is a small team with a real ambition to create outstanding branding projects for our clients that go above and beyond their expectation. It is like a little family at Pixeldot with the dogs running around, kids popping into the studio and generally just a real mix of life following through the agency. We are looking for someone who wants to be involved in the team, gel with the culture of the agency whilst bringing their own personality, excitement and passions to the team. You need to be self motivated, enjoy the freedom of being creative whilst being able to work collaboratively, and most importantly you need to have the drive to learn.
We’re a small team, a family – who work hard collectively and we reward our team for that hard work. As such, our benefits include:
- Unlimited holiday
- Team breakfasts & lunches on the regular
- Monthly nights out in Brighton or London (note: we’re into fancy food, karaoke, culture & more)
- Beer/Wine fridge in the office
- Beautifully designed offices
- Flexible working hours and a firm belief in work life balance
- Massage once a month
- Team away days regularly
- Team weekend away in 2018
- And more…
Please apply with the following:
Information about you – and what makes you stand out from the crowd and how you can help Pixeldot be up-and-coming. Please include your portfolio.
The role is to be based in our Brighton office which is 5 minutes from the station.
Please no recruiters – seriously!